From: Andrew B
Sent: July 29, 2002 2:08 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] DKA

From: Harvey Sydnor <email @ redacted>

Has anyone on here ever experienced DKA.  And if so, what were your BG's and
symptoms? I just experienced my highest recorded test last night at 417 and
have been up most of the night fighting it.  Just wanted an idea how close I
was.  I was experiencing headaches and feeling tired, but nothing much
besides that.
I get a blech feeling in my stomach, tightness in my thighs and tightness
in my chest as well as chest pain, a headache that is from He..and an
overwhelming desire to sleep if my bg goes above 550 I begin to vomit, I'm
incredibly thirsty and could drink several quarts of water. Once my bg
crosses the 500 mark it just keeps going up even if i eat nothing.
A. L. Bender, M. D.