[IP] RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #492

email @ redacted wrote:
> If the flight is going to be long don't forget to either increase
> basals temporarily or up his boluses because of being so sedentary.

Especially important on transatlantic (or, I'd imagine, transpacific)
flights.  8+ hours and plenty of meal service.  I just flew Pittsburgh to
London and back in business class, and they feed you QUITE well.  I got up
and walked around a bit when I could, but even so needed to increase the
basals by 20% and take an extra bolus.  YMMV, though -- don't just increase
without testing first to make sure it's necessary.

With all the time I've spent in the air, if there were direct issues with
the pump and the pressure changes, I'd probably have run into it by now.
HTron (never used the red caps anyway) and now DTron.

No problems with diabetes supplies at Pittsburgh (PIT) OR London Gatwick
(LGW).  I've STILL only ever gotten a hassle at the little hole in the wall
they call an airport at Norfolk (ORF), where they didn't know their elbows
from their...behinds.