[IP] Birth Control changing basals (sorry guys!)

I started pumping last August of 2000 and found out I was two months pregnant
by October, so you could say I didn't get much chance to learn how my cycle
effects my basals. After the baby was born I was on depo shots for almost one
year. I recently quit taking depo because of the weight I felt it was putting
on, and because I thought the higher dose of hormones was worsening my
depression. So for one month I have been on Ortho Evra birth control patches.
Does anyone else use these? I am just now learning about how this could
possibly effect my blood sugar levels. It seems like I ran higher for the
three weeks I wear patches, then on the week with no patch, I seem to crash.
Does this follow what others experience?  I am scrambling trying to find a way
to adjust basals for this without going high and low. I admit I am not good at
following the rules for basal testing. I don't like to get up in the middle of
the night to test and setting an alarm clock to wake me gets the baby up and
the dog howling. And I also resent skipping meals to test basals if I am
hungry and active. I guess I may just have to bite the bullet and do it, but I
DON'T WANNA!!!!  whaaaaa...
Anyone with advice for this whole "week off" process, let me know.

Sherry C
>From the massive city of Bowling Green KY
Who feels a tad stressed right now.