[IP] Lantus for tight clothing

Liz (17y/o) has been pumping for over 3 years. Yesterday she found out about
Lantus and promptly stated, "It's like they made this stuff especially for
me!"
She has no problem with needles, but still has issues about wearing the pump
with her "skinny" clothes. The main reason she started pumping was to avoid
eating when she wasn't hungry as well as the flexibility to eat when she
wanted to. Lantus and Novolog appear to give her this same flexiblity.
I would appreciate any thoughts/ comments from members of this great list to
help with this decision!
Thanks loads!!!
Linda V
Subject: [IP] Lantus vs Insulin Pump

Liz (17y/o) has been pumping for over 3 years. Yesterday she found out about
Lantus and promptly stated, "It's like they made this stuff especially for
me!"
She has no problem with needles, but still has issues about wearing the pump
with her "skinny" clothes. The main reason she started pumping was to avoid
eating when she wasn't hungry as well as the flexibility to eat when she
wanted to. Lantus and Novolog appear to give her this same flexiblity.
I would appreciate any thoughts/ comments from members of this great list to
help with this decision!
Thanks loads!!!
Linda V

Don't get me wrong, I think Lantus was a major advance in the treatment of
diabetes. But it still needs to be injected and its profile during its
active life is somewhat uneven> also meal boli need to be injected. If you
are going someplace in tight clothes, consider removing the pump if it is
not for a prolonged period.
Nothing is better  than the pump for tight control of diabetes in adults and
kids. An A1c after being on this regime for several months will tell you the
level of control attained. i went without my pump for 2 weeks using Lantus
and my conrol was awful. I think it is more suited to Type 2 diabetics.
A. L. Bender, M. D.