[IP] Comas

DKA (diabetic ketoacidosis) precedes a coma - which is brought on by high
BGs and no insulin in the system. Going low precipitates insulin shock. The
original poster said she went into comas prior to pumping, while on MDI.
Pumping should help in either situation. (~_^)

@

Sign at a military hospital door to colonoscopy: To expedite your visit,
please back in
.

I AM CURIOUS WHY YOU WERE GOING INTO COMAS!  I AM GETTING A PUMP IN A FEW
WEEKS AND MY BIGGEST FEAR IS THOSE COMA'S.  I NEVER HAD ONE BUT I DO GET
LOW, SOMETIMES.

CHRIS