Re: [IP] Definition of pumps

Hey Alaska Mom I tell people that my sons pump is like an external pacreas
which treats him just like my "our" internal pancreas it is just his I
program mine "undiabetic" our bodies do it for us. Dont know if this helps
or not but it is an easier way of explaining to people that dont understand
pumping. Let me know what you think email @ redacted
www.angelfire.com/ok/rickysrobots

   I was wondering if anyone could recommend an internet site or other
reading material that would have a BRIEF description of the pumpI tell folks
that Katie's pump is a tiny computer with a tiny bottle of insulin in it
attached to her with a small tubing that goes under her skin.  When she
eats, she tells the computer how much insulin to give her.
Blessings,Alaska DebbieMom to Katie, 11, dx'd 9/97 andpumping with "Pumpkin"
since 8/99

Love to hear from you so write soon
Debi
www.angelfire.com/ok/rickysrobots