Re: [IP] Lantus vs Insulin Pump

Before hooking up to my pump, I was on a Humalog/Lantus regimen for a while.
I found that with my dawn phenomenon sending my BS to over 300 on a regular
basis, the Lantus couldn't cover it.   I ended up using so much lantus to try
to get over the dawn phenomenon, that I ran low all day with all that extra
basal insulin running around in my system.

If your basal insulin needs are consistently flat during the day, it might be
worth trying.   I didn't have good luck with it.