Re: [IP] Re: BG highs few hours after site change

I found that I had to *prime* more than the usual 0.5. I usually did 1,
and it worked for me. For some reason, I jsut had highs after changes.

>From: "jhughey" >Reply-To: email @ redacted >To: >Subject: [IP]
Re: BG highs few hours after site change >Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 22:05:07
-0500 > > >>>Anyone experiencing a high after a site change? I am
beginning to see a >pattern here - anywhere from 3 to4 hours after I do a
site change I seem to >have a real high..any suggestions? Carin >>> > >I
don't know how long you hve been pumping, nor the infusion set you use,
>but for my experience, when I changed from 10 years of metal needles to
Sof >Sets, I too had high BGs (300s) for about 4 hours after a changeout.
This >went on for about 6 years until I got on the 'net and asked like
you have. >My problem was, since the metal needle had no introducer
needle and the >prime with the drip coming out, I failed to prime that
0.5u *inside* me >after withdrawing the SS introducer needle. That 0.5u
made all the >difference in the world. It took quite awhile to bring me
back down to a >good range - probably when I did my next bolus. > >Hope I
explained that so it could be understood. (~_^) > >@ >\(/ Jan (63 y/o,
T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) & Bluda Sue (MM507C 3/99)
>http://maxpages.com/bludasue AND http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASHpics
>(including an album of the EVOLUTION OF INSULIN PUMPS) > >I know you
believe you understand what you think I wrote, however, I'm not >so sure
you realize that what you read is not what I meant >.