[IP] Re: BG highs few hours after site change

>>>Anyone experiencing a high after a site change? I am beginning to see a
pattern here - anywhere from 3 to4 hours after I do a site change I seem to
have a real high..any suggestions? Carin >>>

I don't know how long you hve been pumping, nor the infusion set you use,
but for my experience, when I changed from 10 years of metal needles to Sof
Sets, I too had high BGs (300s) for about 4 hours after a changeout. This
went on for about 6 years until I got on the 'net and asked like you have.
My problem was, since the metal needle had no introducer needle and the
prime with the drip coming out, I failed to prime that 0.5u *inside* me
after withdrawing the SS introducer needle. That 0.5u made all the
difference in the world. It took quite awhile to bring me back down to a
good range - probably when I did my next bolus.

Hope I explained that so it could be understood. (~_^)

I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, however, I'm not
so sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant