[IP] How do you time your Post Prandial checks?

My logic says that:  since your bg should raise 30-50 pts. when your insulin
is 1/2 done working (approximately), it should be 2 1/2 hours after you
Here's my thinking:   You bolus and eat, if you use humalog, it works approx
5 hrs. and would be 1/2 done working in 2 1/2 hrs. from bolusing regardless
of when or how much you ate.  If you're bg is 100 pre-meal, then in 2 1/2
hrs. your bg should be 130-150 if the correct insulin dosage was done....

however, I'm sure someone out there has the official answer to that
question!!!  mine was just a guess!

Tavia Rodrmguez