[IP] Re: At home A1C

No, it wasn't accurate. What you said (below) is
correct. I was going to say something about it but like
you, didn't want to seem nit-picky or like a
know-it-all.  :)

Pam said:
Is the above explanation accurate?  I thought
hemoglobin was the protein in
the red blood cells that carries oxygen and that when
BG levels are high,
sugar attaches to the hemoglobin.  Even without a high,
the red blood cell
would still have hemoglobin.

Please excuse me for sounding nit-picky, but I'm just
wanting to know if the
hemoglobin actually increases with high BGs or just the
amount of sugar
attached to the hemoglobin?