[IP] RE: Home A1c's

I got a Rx from my Endo for the new at-home A1c test after an email
discussion with him.  He said that he didn't see any benefit in doing them
any more often than once a quarter since the test are basically a 2-3 month
average.  He gave me the Rx so that it's one less tube that I have to have
drawn when I do go in for blood work if that's what I want to do.

I have to agree with him somewhat.  Once a month is the MOST that I can see
doing an at-home A1c.  Any more often than that seems like overkill.

Tina

and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss

http://www.TinaParkhurst.com