[IP] Kids and Pumps

I'm always amazed at the positive feedback parents get about putting their kids on pumps-  My question is how do these kids not run out of usable area?  I'm 39 and sqeeze to find a clear spot free of swelling and/or soreness- I can not imagine what a 5 year old goes through-  Does their age make them somewhat immune to site swelling/irritation?  I read one posting from a Mom who claimed her child only has a small red mark after a site change- How do kids do it or are the kids I read about here an exception rather than the rule- Trying not to be insulting here but whats up with kids and pump sites??-