RE: [IP] Home A1c Testing

Julie [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> How accurate are at home A1c tests?  Where do you get them?  Are they
> expensive?  While trying to bring mine down I too would like
> to know what it is
> between visits.
> Have you done the at home cholesterol tests?  How accurate are those?

If I can make the time, I'll look up the home HbA1c test in the complexity
tables.  My guess is, however, that it is a waived test, meaning it will
have the same accuracy/precision requirements as regular meters.  The
requirement for waived tests is to be within 5% of a standard (i.e. moderate
complexity lab test) 50% of the time.  This is approximated as +/- 20%.

These test will work fine for screening, but if your test seems high, then
it's time to schedule a regular lab test to verify.

The home cholesterol test systems are waived tests (see

Jim Handsfield