Re: [IP] Endo

Jan Clinthorne wrote:
"Is there anyone out there that deals strictly with their PCP instead of an
endocrinologist.  I have a super busy endo.  When I get into to trouble I
my CDE at the hospital, or post a concern to the IP list.  If its a
question, I call Minimed.  I was in to see my PCP over a sinus infection
today.  I asked him if he would monitor my diabetes, he said sure."

The only thing to be concerned about would be if health insurance carrier
has any restrictions.  Hubby has Medicare as his primary insurance, and
Medicare's formal requirement to receive coverage is:
"...follow-up care of the patient must be managed by a physician who manages
multiple patients with CSII and who works closely with a team including
nurses, diabetes educators, and dietitians who are knowledgeable in the use
of CSII."

Marj; Mike (I'm not into computers, but glad to be on this list); and "Ace,
the PP" (portable pancreas)