Re: [IP] How do you reuse the reservoirs?

> I've been on the Minimed 508 for about a year and a half and have
> always had insurance until recently.  I've never reused the reservoir
> but would definately like to now that we don't have insurance paying
> for them.  Do you save the needle that comes with the reservoir to
> refill it?  How do you get the old infusion set apart from the
> reservoir?  I tried a few weeks ago and couldn't get it to budge.  As
> always, I appreciate any advice on this.

Yup, save the needle portion that you unscrew from the
reservoir after filling it. You can use the little plastic
thing from the luer end of your tubing to "cap" the needle.

It's possible that you're screwing the tubing into the
reservoir too tight, making removal difficult. Try putting
just a little less grunt :) on it when you attach the tubing.
                 - Bluejay Adametz, CFII, A&P, AA-5B N45210

Plush code 2.0: P[bun,bir]/>F[bun,bir] B++ BB  C++ E FF+
                I++ !M !MM N++ O+ Sp+ Sf Takm+rsz ma++
Furry code 1.3: FA6a A-- C- D H+ M- P++++ R+ T+++ W- Z S#
                RLCT a++ cvul++
                d+ e+ f++++ h+ i+ j+ p- s#