[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest

On Sun, 21 Jul 2002 23:30:07 EDT, email @ redacted wrote:
>  by the way, i was curious if you could share what it was like dealing with
> your diabetes for the 60 years that you;ve had it...considering the
> management back then isnt anything what its like now....how did you manage to
> control it all those years???

This is as good an opportunity as any for me to announce that I am planning
to have a party on Saturday January 11, 2003 in Phoenix, Arizona to observe
my survival for 60 years. One of the things I am doing to prepare for that
party is to write some material about what it was like 60 years ago. I know
that Jan Hughey did something like this for her 50-year BASH in 2000,
although I have not seen the actual material that Jan prepared. Right now my
guess is that I have a draft of about 50% of the material that's on my list
for inclusion.

For the party I am extending an invitation to all IP members registered in
the All Member Profiles of the Insulin Pumpers list web page (and counting
on the fact that most of you are not close enough to Phoenix to be able to
get here!).

For those who can get here, please send me a request by private email
(email @ redacted) and I will put you on my list to receive a detailed
snail mail invitation along about November. Please do not request an
invitation via the IP list.

The actual date of onset of my diabetes was Dec. 7, 1942, but I don't think
any time in December is a good time to schedule a party, because there are
so many others. That's why I am waiting until Jan. 11.

Tom Beatson
dx 1942, 506 1995, 508 2000