[IP] How do you reuse the reservoirs?

I've been on the Minimed 508 for about a year and a half and have always had
insurance until recently.  I've never reused the reservoir but would
definately like to now that we don't have insurance paying for them.  Do you
save the needle that comes with the reservoir to refill it?  How do you get
the old infusion set apart from the reservoir?  I tried a few weeks ago and
couldn't get it to budge.  As always, I appreciate any advice on this.