Re: [IP] Minimed Supply Billing Issue

>When sending in an information request, it got lost or delayed because all
>of their new customer contacts seem to be going through third party
>companies who are contracting for MM. I never directly spoke to ANYONE
>from MM, which made me really uncomfortable. It would seem that they are
>contracting supply services to outsiders as well.

I call Minimed direct when I order my infusion supplies and they bill my
insurance.  Part of the previous person's post may have something to do
with the fact that she has HMO insurance, maybe?  Some HMO's require a
specific "approved" supplier for  supplies.  For example, my sister has an
HMO and she has to purchase her test strips from a supplier who's
contracted with her HMO.  She can't buy them on her own and can only get
the brand this supplier provides.  She has NO choice in the matter. YMMV.