[IP] lab tests

How frequently do you have lab tests- cholesterol, protein in urine, etc?  And
which doctor orders them?  I asked my endo, because it's been over a year since
I had anything done(A1c is done by fingerstick).  They said that the primary
care physician is supposed to do that.  The PCP office said that since I am
diabetic and I see my endo much more often than them, that the endo should
order it.  I just want to make sure I get everything checked... like getting an
oil change every 3 months, you know?