Re: [IP] Elevated WBC

On Sat, 20 Jul 2002 19:27:31 -0400, Gwynne Shugarman wrote:
>  Is there anyone who has CLL or CML  and diabetes.  I am 50 y/o, Type 1
>  diagnosed in '76.

I am 69 years old and have been Type 1 since 1942 (59.5 years). In 1994 I
was dx with CLL (chronic lymphocytic leukemia). That was before I started to
pump (1995, 7 years ago this week). The  CLL is not being treated, just
watched. The white blood count has been creeping up to 44,400, (normal is
between 5,000 and 10,000) and the doctor (hematologist) has told me they
won't treat it until it gets to 90,000. I see the hematologist every six
months for blood work.

I don't know whether my case is typical or not, but there has been no
indication that it is unusual. I am running out of time this evening because
I have to get up early tomorrow morning to go for my weekly bike ride with
the Arizona Bicycle Club. I hope my experience will be encouraging to you.

Tom Beatson