Re: [IP] climbing and tight spots

> I have a question for all those who wear the pump and do things such
> as climb scaffolding and work in tight spots.  Where do you wear your
> pump and what do you do with the tubing. I have a 36 yrs old brother
> who is a machinist and a 39 yr old neighbor who works with installing
> a/c and heater units and they both say no way could they wear a pump
> because it wouls get smashed or torn lose from their bodies. My
> neighbor has been a diabetic for 29 years, my brother for about 12.
> It's just a curiosity question for me but also an informational one so
> I can share with them.  They both think the pump is good for me but
> not for them!

Maybe not like climbing scaffolding, but there are a couple of
maintenance tasks on my airplane that require getting into
some tight spots - specifically going head-first under the
instrument panel.

When I do this, I empty my pockets, take off my belt and
everything that usually hangs off it, and stick my pump in a
pocket. The tubing comes out of my pocket and loops over and
into my pants, and is usually covered by my shirt, so there's
nothing sticking out.

                 - Bluejay Adametz, CFII, A&P, AA-5B N45210

Plush code 2.0: P[bun,bir]/>F[bun,bir] B++ BB  C++ E FF+
                I++ !M !MM N++ O+ Sp+ Sf Takm+rsz ma++
Furry code 1.3: FA6a A-- C- D H+ M- P++++ R+ T+++ W- Z S#
                RLCT a++ cvul++
                d+ e+ f++++ h+ i+ j+ p- s#