Re: [IP] Frequency of updating pumps - insurance company protocol

  We are on Tricare Prime, retired military.  I talked to our insurance, an
RN who is very familiar with diabetes and now pumps.  She said that even
though the warranty may be up on a pump, in this case this insurance copmany
would be reluctant to replace a pump unless it is rendered inoperable.  So
(HMMMM- any insurance reps out there reading this you may move on to
something else now....!!!) if you want a new pump NOW for your daughter find
a way to make here current pump inoperable, like an accidental slam in a car
door or drug on the road while dangling from the tubing....etc.........!!!!
Just a thought!!!!!

mom to Joshua who would like an upgrade soon too but is trying to figure out
the best way!!!