Re: [IP] Nasty taste of Glucose Tabs

IF one wants a tasty and chewy method for treating low bg...I like
FRUTIOS made by Brach and I found mine at COSTCO.

They are 3g carb for each piece...fruit flavors combined with 7 pieces
per packet.  Packet maybe 3" x 3" so easy to carry in a pocket!

They work for me as fast as Glucose tabs and I appreciate the fact that
they are 3g each instead of the 5g that Glucose tabs are.  This allows
me to treat a low with 12g of Fruitios instead of 15g Glucose tabs.
That means I can raise bg 60 instead of 75.

FRUTIOS are shaped like  a Lifesaver...and are tasty...soft and chewy.
I carry a ziplock sandwhich bag in my purse so that when I open a packet
and only need 3 or 4 pieces I can keep the unneeded pieces in the
ziplock bag.

IF you like to walk for exercise or enjoyment...the packets are
lightweight and easy to carry.  I own a small family farm so IF I am out
on the acreage with the livestock...I have them in my pocket for easy
access to treat a low.

Becky LaSpina
IDDM since 1957  - MM507C since 12/98