[IP] climbing and tight spots

I have a question for all those who wear the pump and do things such as climb
scaffolding and work in tight spots.  Where do you wear your pump and what do
you do with the tubing.
I have a 36 yrs old brother who is a machinist and a 39 yr old neighbor who
works with installing a/c and heater units and they both say no way could
they wear a pump because it wouls get smashed or torn lose from their bodies.
 My neighbor has been a diabetic for 29 years, my brother for about 12.
It's just a curiosity question for me but also an informational one so I can
share with them.  They both think the pump is good for me but not for them!
Debbie--dx 1963 pumping since 3/00