Re: [IP] Does this sound right?

Allan wrote:
>>>I am reasonablt new to diabetes. DX in Feb. Doc started me on oral meds,
then Humalog 25, then Mixtard 30, then Mixtard 50. All these changes within
3 months. Currently I am using Mixtard 50, between 300 and 400 units a day.
Isn't this a lot? Any advice?>>>

*IF* your body needs that much insulin to be within a target goal, that is
how much you need. I am glad pumping has been offered to you and you'll
learn a lot on this list. If I were you, I'd insist on using U-500 insulin
in the pump, though, to preserve your sites and not
changing/refilling/filling reservoirs so often.

Let us know how it goes. BTW, what country are you in? (~_^)

It's what you learn after you think you know it all that really counts