[IP] Frequency of updating pumps - insurance company protocol

I am interested in finding out how often various insurance companies will let
you upgrade to a newer pump.  My daughter will be a senior in high school and
has had her MM 507 for 4 years now.  We are with Medical Mutual of Ohio - and
I cannot for the life of me get a consistent answer out of them.  One person
says 7 years, another 5 years, another said - anytime the doctor thinks it is
necessary.  YIKES!  What is the consensus here?  Our daughter will be covered
5 more years, so we want her coming out of college with the newest pump
available - so timing of the upgrade is crucial.

Thanks for you help in advance,

Liz B.