[IP] Re: Living alone

On 7/17/02 3:32 PM, "insulin-pumpers-digest" <email @ redacted>

> After a day or so of thinking about it, I said to myself "it's not your
> fault, it part of this disease and it may not be the last time this
> happens." I should be thankful he was there and I hope he is there the next
> time this happens. The bottom line is these types of things are part of
> this disease. The pump has helped control them better than they have ever
> been before but we all realize that these incidents may pop there head up
> occasionally and surprise us. Keep your chin up and be thankful that you to
> have a family that loves you enough to help out even when you may think you
> don't need there help. :-)
> Mike Chambers
> Lebanon  ME

Fairly much, I am alone, I had roommates but they are now moving out to
their new apartment. My BF works all day and at night he is 'dead to the
world' so I have pretty much handled the 'betes by myself.
I do have hypoglycemia awareness though and have never needed EMS or any
major assistance for it, but it would almost be welcome to have someone call
or stop by to say 'hey' and how ya doin'?

I guess because I've always had poor eyesight from birth I've had to rely on
folks for getting around to places and appointments. To me it is just a part
of what is 'normal' for me.

Pocket PC Use Windows CE, Home users, are using ME and business users use
NT. So if you are using Windows, you can get into CE ME NT which can become
very heavy. <VBG>

Jenny Sutherland