[IP] Does this sound right?

I am reasonablt new to diabetes. DX in Feb. Doc started me on oral meds, then Humalog 25, then Mixtard 30, then Mixtard 50. All these changes within 3 months. Currently I am using Mixtard 50, between 300 and 400 units a day. Isn't this a lot? Any advice?

I just changed doctors because I just don't trust the one i had, and the new doc now want's to put me on a pump in a few days. Any thoughts?

Local support is minimal for me and communicating with doc is not easy either. I am in a country where English is not the spoken language and I only speak English. It was so good to find this group. It sounds like the support here is great.

Do You Yahoo!?