[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #472

> Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 19:02:02 -0400
> From: "Kathy Long" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] Stomach Problems
> Does anyone else have this embarassing problem? Every so often I get these
> TERRIBLE smelling burps. I hate to sound gross but they smell like they should
> come from the other end. My doctor says it's bacteria laying in my stomach
> because it doesn't empty out fast enough. He will put me on antibiotics and
> they will get rid of it but it usually comes back eventually. During these
> times I don't have an appetite and my stomach rumbles so much it sounds like I
> swallowed draino. Does anyone have any advice for me?
> Thanks
> Kathy L.
> Kathy,
 I know exactly what you're talking about. My husband has the same kind
of burps. The smell is absolutely horrendous! He says they don't taste
that good either! You might want to be checked for Krohn's disease. My
husband has had this disease for 40 years and I don't know why but his
burps have always been this way.

Karen in North Pole, Alaska
Dx'ed 1971
Pumping since 1996