Re: [IP] swelling

At 11:52 AM 7/18/02, you wrote:
>            I have been a type 1 diabetic for 20 years. Lately ,ive been
>noticing that my legs are becoming weaker and my calves and ankles are
>swelling. Has anyone else had this problem? The doctor told me not to be
>concerned since it is from taking insulin a long time.

I wouldn't think so (not to be concerned).  Swelling like that might be an
indication of kidney problems.  Get this doctor (hope he is an Endo) to
refer you to a Nephrologist and have him/her check your kidney function. I
think that it's a good idea to have these test done (at least after 20
years of diabetes).