[IP] Never Ending Low(female hormones?)

Just wondering if this happens to people besides me?  Tonight I had dinner and
took a bolus for it, and a little one prior due to a rebound high.   Went to
walk the dogs, came home and had a cookie and was watching TV when I realized
I was at 42.  I treated the low and waited 15 minutes and was up to about 75.
Next thing I know, I was down to 55 and feeling awful.  Managed more carbs,
and finally now up to 113 and probably going to have a nasty high.  This has
happened to me about once a year, at the time of my period when lows are
common.  I'm working on perfecting a basal profile with reduced rates, but
even then this situation seems unavoidable and unpredictable.  I also have a
problem with morning drops--waking up at a great number, but having a very
very rapid fall in less than an hour.  Anyone have any suggestions on dealing
with this?