[IP] Adhesive allergy?

I could use some advice.  Our son Jonathan, dx dm 08/00, pumping since
03/02 uses the silhouette infusion with the MimiMed 508.  We really like
the pump.  Our problem is that he has this awful reaction to the
adhesives.  I've narrowed it down to the Silhouette itself but of
course, that still leaves us wondering if it is the adhesive itself or
the entire set.  I talked to Medtronic and they sent some samples of
other adhesive pads and some different tapes, all of which he seems
sensitive to.  We also have been using Tincture of Benzoine (Friars
Balsam, some of you call it Gorilla Snot) which holds up well in lake
water, but not so well in a chlorinated pool.  Between scratching and no
tapes his infusion falls out almost every day.  He is in swimming
lessons although due to this trouble we've kept him home for two
sessions now.

Does anyone have any kind of solution to this kind of problem?  Anyone
with ultra sensitive skin out there?  We're giving Jon oral
antihistamine (Benadryl) and trying various creams to heal his stomach,
which is all rashy from old sites.  He seems to be getting thickened
skin already.

Suggestions?  Ideas?

Greatly appreciative,

Susan - Mom to Julianna - 17, Danny - 15, Katrina - 11, Jonathan - 5 and
Nicholas - 3
Wife to Alan