[IP] BUN and Creatinine levels

Hello. I'm moving to Charleston, SC in a month and a half to join an
Americorps program there. When I initially applied for the program, I was
still on MDI, and I included a detailed medical information sheet about my
diabetes with my application. The medical screening nurse cleared me to join
and commented that I seemed to be taking "very good care of myself"-- which
i, for the most part, do. After my acceptance, however, I began using the
pump (Mini-Med Paradigm), and the screening nurse suddenly seems skeptical
of me being able to take care of myself and join the program. In a recent
e-mail, the nurse told me that I need a detailed note from my doctor giving
me permission to participate in the program (which makes sense and my doc is
completely willing to do) and she said that she needs to see my most recent
A1c results. Finally, she told me that I need to send her my BUN and
Creatinine levels. I have absolutely no idea what these tests measure, if
they are necessary for my acceptance into the program, or if the screening
nurse just isn't very educated on the pump and its reliability. I would
appreciate any advice over how to handle this situation, and if someone
could please explain what BUN and Creatinine levels are that would be
wonderful-- my endo has never mentioned them to me! Thank you :)

Molly, 22 (dx. 1982, pumping appx. 6 weeks)