[IP] RE: Dropping blood sugar

Jim said:
> .  Next time
> listen to him because his body is telling him to get something to stop the
> plumeting BG.

OK,  OK -- got it --- listen to the person who KNOWS how they feel.  I do
listen Jim.  I ALWAYS allowe him to test, but it just seemed impossible that
he would need to.  He is also allowed to treat first and then test if he
feels that is necessary. When he was on MDI the sudden drops often happened
because the long acting was kicking in. But it is not typical of him to have
this type of drop since pumping UNLESS he has been on his trampoline.  He had
been swimming several hours prior to this low but it really did catch me off
guard.  I am thankful that Cory almost always feels his lows.  I can't
imagine how you could avoid seizures, etc.if you were hypoglycemia unaware or
for the very young children.
For all the rest of you who shared your comments on this subject, I am very
grateful to you also.  It really helps to get suggestions, ideas and comments
from those who know what they are talking about.  To live this disease is to
learn a lot and at times I think you have more info than many of the doctors
do.  Doctors have great medical knowledge but they haven't "lived" the
disease.  We need their expert medical advise and I am in no way putting them
down.  I'm just saying that unless they have diabetes or have lived with
someone who has it, I don't think they really understand the "feelings" of
the disease.