[IP] IP] Abstract on Basal Requirements for Kids on Pumps - matched my so n perfectl

Susan Meredith writes:
In well controlled children using CSII, basal
rate patterns are not comparable to those in adults. For example, children
[lt]12 do not appear to have a dawn phenomena - in fact their lowest insulin
requirements are in the early morning hours. Frequent SBGM is necessary when

 MY REPLY --- and then along comes puberty and you can throw every study
right out the window!  The only thing we are finding right now that really
works is to test, test, test.  The basal requirements seem to fluctate
continually.  Oh we have a standard basal setting but must do a lot of temps
from time to time.