[IP] Pain in my foot

The strangest thing is going on with my foot.  It started the night before
last.  After my shower my foot felt like it was in hot water.  At first it was
the entire foot then just in my big toe, later in my little toe and then in my
heel.  It lasted for a few hours.  When I got out of bed yesterday my little
toe hurt so bad.  Felt like someone lit a match in it.  That pain lasted for a
few hours.  Again, last night the pain started again.  It moves around from my
big toe to the little toe to the heel, etc... all night I suffered with it.
Today, the pain is just under my big toe.  Every time I step on it I feel
"fire" in it.  I called my endo (who I just saw last Thursday) and am waiting
for a call back.  Can anyone tell me what this might be?  I have heard a lot
about neuropathy and pray that's not the cause.  I take good care of myself
(for the most part).  My blood sugars have been good (for me).  My latest A1C
was 8.1 which isn't real good but considering a year ago it was 13 I'm happy
with it and so is my endo.  Any insight anyone might have would be greatly
appreciated.  Regards, Tina