[IP] Dana Chat And CHAT ???WHAT DO YOU WANT??

Dana Chat

Join us tomorrow night for a discussion on how to obtain a Dana Diabecare II
insulin pump. We will also answer questions about private insurance coverage
as well as Medicare coverage. The speaker will be Shelly Holland. In the Guest
room at 9P.M. EDT on Thursday July 18, 2002 .

 Chat announcement
 Okay, you chataholics--we now have chats every day of the week. Below is IP's
schedule of weekly,
moderated (i.e., you know there'll be at least one other person in the room!)
chat times. The chat  rooms are open anytime, to any member, so feel free to
chat whenever. Also, these times below dont change, so mark your
calendars--if you miss one this week, there's always another at the same time
next week.  Please remember that the chatrooms are open  24/7. If you need to
talk or can't sleep, feel free to drop a note to the list that you are in chat
and what room you are in and just wait someone will come. IP has members from
all over the world someone
is always up! When I was in hospital, I chatted with peoples from UK, Germany,
and OZ. They were my
lifelines to the world. And now that I'm home 24/7, I am on-line most of the
time. I know that members from other parts of the world, do chat so if you
like to set up a time and day you would like to host a chat send me a note (IP
has a great group of chat hosts that would love to help you start a new chat
and all it takes is some time management). Remember that all chats are
available in the MEMBERS only area of the web site. You can view the
transcripts of all chat sessions in the archives for later reference. Most of
the time when we have a guest speaker in chat they take place in the

 Stefanie (Tink)Lana-Dingwell email @ redacted and Dauna Breiding
email @ redacted and Carol are
teaming up to do a chat on Monday nights at 9 p.m. EDT (2a.m. GMT) in the
Anytime Room.

Wendy email @ redacted and Cherry Dumas  email @ redacted is hosting a chat it
the Anytime
room at 9:30P.M. EDT (2:30 a.m. GMT) When Wendy is joined in chat by Deb
Graves email @ redacted
in a Late night chat
 Andrew Bender email @ redacted and Ed Marsh  email @ redacted  are teaming up
to hosts a
Wednesday night chat at 9 p.m. EDT (2 a.m. GMT) in  the Anytime Room.
Wendy email @ redacted and Cherry Dumas email @ redacted and Fred Torch
email @ redacted
will be doing chat every Thursday at 930 p.m. EDT (2a.m. GMT) in the Anytime
Friday night at 9p.m. EDT (2 a.m. GMT), Dauna Breiding email @ redacted and
Ken Buchholz
 email @ redacted and Tina Chuhay  email @ redacted are hosting a TGIF
Laura Cackowski email @ redacted at 9p.m.
EST (2a.m. GMT) Come and join  Laura in this Saturday chat.

Come to chat at 8 p. m. EST in the Anytime Room co-hosts Ed Marsh
email @ redacted  , Jenny  Sutherland email @ redacted  . You asked for
an early start time so check it out.
 Also, let me know if you're interested in hosting a chat at any other time.
We'd love to have more
 volunteers and all you have to do is show up and talk! Also, if you have any
problems accessing the
 chat room, any of the hosts will be happy to talk you through it. We still
need people to help fill-in
 for chats, If you like to be fill-in chatter or like to start your own time,
please let me know and I
 will add you to the list. Also if you have a idea about who (as a guest
chatter) or what subject at
 you like to be talk about in chat I would love to see if we can get that
person or subject covered in
 a chat.
 To get started chatting, just goto:
 Instructions are there at the site, and remember
 that the password is
            pumper  .
 Hope to see you in the chat rooms!
 IP Chat Hosts:
 Jenny Nash email @ redacted
 Carolyn Green email @ redacted
 Andrew Bender email @ redacted
 Ed Marsh email @ redacted
 Dauna Breiding email @ redacted
 Jenny Sutherland email @ redacted
 Melissa Howell email @ redacted
 Ken Buchholz email @ redacted
 Wendy email @ redacted
 Laura Cackowski email @ redacted
 Deb Graves email @ redacted
 Fred Torch email @ redacted
 Cherry Dumas email @ redacted
 Tina Chuhay email @ redacted
 FYI: Monthly Chats with All of the Insulin Pump Makers in the USA with more
to come.
 Animas on the First Tuesday of the month at 9P.M. EDT (2A.M. GMT) in the
Guest Room.

 Disetronic on the SECOND MONDAY of the month at 9P.M. EDT (2A.M. GMT) in the
Guest Room.

Dana Diabecare on the Third Thursday of the month at  9P.M. (2A.M. GMT) in the
Guest Room

MiniMed on the Fourth Wednesday if the month 9P.M.   EDT (2A.M. GMT) In the
Guest room.

Chat 101 for Insulin- Pumpers http://www.insulin-pumpers.org

>From Main page click on [ CHAT ] icon this will take to:

If you need help click on the Chat HELP button.

Select a chat room by clicking on box,

You will get a drop-down list of rooms which will show the number of people
currently in that room {Most chats are in anytime room but if IP has a guest
speaker, they are in the [Guest] room} Pick a room to chat in by clicking on

Then click on the [ GO ] button

A [ ENTER NETWORK PASSWORD ] window will open

In the User name box put [ your e-mail address You join IP with ]

In the Password box put [ pumper ]

Both of the above HAVE to be in ALL LOWER case letters or the Authentication
will fail and you will be prompted again.

Once room you will need to click on box to type msgs and to post it, click on
the [ SEND/REFRESH ] box to send it. Many peoples like to change the refresh
to 30secs and display number of msgs too.

Once in room say Hi!

If you have any problems ask the host or send note to [ HELP ] remember it can
be fast paced at time so if you get over looked repost you msgs or ??? The
Host will help but you need to ask for help. Please no flaming or PUMP WARS!
Remember to BE NICE to one and another.

Once you need to go tell us Goodbye!

Some people don't like to talk a lot so they sit back and watch this is OK
too. But try to chat you just may like it!!