[IP] Hypo last night..

I had a hypo last night when my husband was out working. I was home alone with
my wild fourteen-month-old Sean. I remember feeling very sleepy around 8:00
and laying my head down on the couch with the baby in my lap. Then I remember
thinking, "Maybe I should test..." and I was 41.  Usually at that number I can
function pretty well, but every low is different I guess. My husband called to
check on me and could tell I was low so told me to eat something. I was in the
kitchen getting some icecream to share with the baby when someone knocked at
the door. It was my mother-in-law who lives a block away. She ended up sitting
with the baby while I ate the icecream.
My husband says he didn't call her and she never did say why she had stopped
by right then. It's not that I mind him being worried about me, especially
with the baby there, but I just wish he would tell me if he DID tell her to
come check on me. I don't really like the idea that I need a babysitter, but I
hate the conspiracy idea even worse. "Shhh... don't tell Sherry that we all
have to call or stop by to check on her..."
Anyway, I do feel that I would have been fine. I was in the kitchen getting
the icecream scooped when my mother-in-law knocked. And I was still containing
a wild-walking baby and an energetic puppy too!
I know I need to do something though. I hadn't had dinner that day, and that
could be what caused the low. But I thought I didn't have to eat on a schedule
anymore!  I thought my spiffy pump was about freedom as well as control! But I
guess basals are never perfect with stress and hormones and stuff...
But I resent that I am going to have to move back to scheduled eating so that
I don't have to worry about being able to take care of my son. I have a
nightmare image of me being in a stupor while he's happily trying to climb the
furniture or eat coins he's found under the couch.
Sometimes I just want to yell "It's not fair, it's not fair, it's not
fair!!!!" When I was running high all the time before trying to get myself
under better control on MDI, I didn't have these problems. I know I was
potentially doing myself harm in the long term, but it's not comforting to
think of the long term when you don't feel in control NOW.

Sherry C
>From the massive city of Bowling Green KY
Who wants to feel like a competant, smart adult who doesn't need a sitter and
can take care of herself and her son