[IP] Re: Medicaid

In Ohio, Medicaid does cover all pump related diabetic supplies and insulin.
I'm not sure how often it pays for eye exams but they are covered for at
least one per year.  I would think if more frequent exams were needed, a
letter of medical necessity sent to medicaid would take care of the
situation.  Generally, medicaid does not cover the quantity of supplies that
someone on intensive therapy needs.  This is resolved by having your doctor
write a letter of medical necessity.  Instead of 100 test strips per month,
you can have it increased to cover 300 and so on and so forth for other
supplies. Also, if you have a prescription written for alcohol wipes,
lancets, etc. these too are covered.  Thus far I have not been able to get
glucose tabs covered though.  Working on that one.....
Good luck,