[IP] Re: Sugar Free Jello

> From: "Ember Crooks" <email @ redacted>

 > I recently finally found the cause of some highs that I've been seeing -
> Sugar Free Jello. I love the little jello cups because they have 0 carbs and
> 0 fat. I have discovered that 2-3 hours after eating three of them - 3 1/4
> oz each cup, my blood sugar spikes to the upper 200's or lower 300's. I was
> shocked to finally come to this conclusion, but every time I eat sugar free
> Jello cups, no matter what the other circumstances are (time of day, eating
> it with other things, activity level, stress) it happens. Does anyone else
> see this effect? Does anyone know what causes it? The label says 0 grams of
> carb and not even any sugar alcohols. I will miss my "free food" - SF jello.

I, too, love Sugar Free Jello---but I almost always make the big packages
with my very own hot and cold water 8^).  I have never had a problem with
eating lots of it but you are making me wonder if there is some "magic"
ingredient in the ones that are packaged in the grocery cold cases!  How
about running a test and making some of the stuff that comes in the boxes
and see if you still have a problem.  I'm fascinated!  Maybe I should run a
test, too, and go out and buy the pre-packaged kind!  Ember, please report