Re: [IP] MRI and Pump

Eileen <email @ redacted> wrote:

> Hi, i am getting a MRI done of my shoulder/neck area on thursday. when i
> up the appt i told them i wear a pump. She asked if i could take it off, i
> said yeh, without even qustioning it. Does anyone know will i have to take
> pump off? Thanks Eileen

Yes, you will - and keep it in the safe they should provide you some
distance away from the machinery.  MRIs work by pulsing very strong magnetic
fields which could wreak all sorts of havoc with your pump.  Although MRIs
are a form of anatomical imaging, they are not at all like x-rays which will
not affect a pump's mechanism.

Jim Handsfield