[IP] Yogurt

I have come across several interesting claims made by low carb diet
enthusiasts that yogurt is actually lower in carbs than stated on its label.
The authors of these articles claim that healthy bacteria eat up the lactose
(milk sugar) in yogurt and turn it into lactic acid. This lactic acid is not a
sugar, and is therefore not counted as part of the carbs in yogurt.  I have
seen claims that one cup of plain yogurt would really contain only 4 grams of

I would like to know if any type ones out there have found this to be true.
What have been your personal experiences with blood sugars after eating
yogurt? Is it really so low in carbs?

Rabbi Hirsch Meisels
Jewish Friends With Diabetes