Re: [IP] Surgery and pump

>A patient IS their own best advocate!!!  Surgery with pump in place can

I agree 100% with you on this one.  I have had several skin grafts
surgeries that have lasted anywhere from two - four hours and have come
through pretty good.  I really think if you take the time to explain things
to the medical staff they will respect you.  This has been my
experience.  Granted there were some moments where I wanted to take all
residents and whale them across the room for wanting me to stick on the ADA
diet but after much advocating on my part the dietitian set them
straight.  I guess it was quite a site and I didn't get to see it.  Again,
though surgeries have gone smoothly as far as the diabetes goes, we just
won't talk about all the other problems.  :-)