[IP] PDAs and EZ Mang.

On 7/16/02 12:38 AM, "insulin-pumpers-digest" <email @ redacted>

> Are you working "with", or are you working "for" them?   Sorry, it's is just
> that I believe that the patient usually knows themselves best and I refuse
> to work "for" someone who will not accept my needs and feels that I am "a
> problem".  I really don't think YOU need to be flexible.
> Do you own a PDA?   Look into the EzManager from Animas.  It allows you to
> set a separate ratio with each meal.  And with all it's other features, you
> might find it useful for working out those basals.
> I use 9 different basal rates and a different ratio at each meal.  My lows
> have reduced in number and severity and my latest A1c was 5.9   Don't ever
> follow someone else's system to be less of a problem, make your own system
> to eliminate your problems.     :>)

I myself didn't get an Animas, so to get EZ Manager is quite 'dear' for me
at $99.00.  Another option is Diabetes Pilot at $24.00.  It has the
calculator for automatically recommending insulin dosages based on your BG
levels.  If I have 180 mg/dL it'll use what *I* entered for myself as a need
for 1.8 U.

It also has a food database into which there are already extensive food
choices, and I can enter new foods as I find them....  It also has Exercise,
Notes and such.  For me on $812.00 a month it simply made more sense.

I don't bother using the desktop apps as they are for WinBlows format and I
have a Mac, but I am chiefly using the PDA out and about and at home for
other things, and doing a hot synch with my desktop does back up the DP

I agree with George.  You are not working FOR your endo or CDE, you are
actually allowing them to work for you.  With you as Captain of this ship,
they should indeed be working WITH you.  If they cannot accept your
autonomy, perhaps a search for another health care team is in order?

Pocket PC's Use Windows CE, Home users, are using ME and business users use
NT. So if you are using Windows, you can get into CE ME NT which can become
very heavy. <VBG>

Jenny Sutherland