[IP] Surgery and pump

In early March of this year I underwent surgery on ankle that required a
plate, two pins and seven screws!

I had the opportunity to educate the staff and quite a crowd around my
bed prior to going into surgery with my pump on!

Surgery was only an hour and one-half but I was in recovery for several
hours with excellent bg readings...the PAIN and highs came later! <g>

Mine was a long recovery process as I was non-weight bearing for a
number of weeks.
I am now doing GREAT...gaining strength and working on balance and great
A1c of 6.0!  I go in this afternoon to find out IF screws will be left
inside OR removed at the base of ankle,

Surgery required due to broken fibula.

A patient IS their own best advocate!!!  Surgery with pump in place can

Becky LaSpina
IDDM since 1957 - MM507C since 12/98