[IP] mammogram and pump

Jenny said:
I have to go in next week for a mammogram and
ultrasound. I was wondering if
the mammogram is harmful to the pump and whether I
should disconnect. Does
anyone know about this?

Take it off for the mammogram - it's an x-ray and can
zap your pump.  The procedure doesn't take too long;
if necessary, give yourself a bolus when the procedure
is over.  Don't know how it is where you're having the
process done, but I just tucked my pump underneath my
shirt and left it on the chair in the room; it was far
enough away from the mammography unit (about 10 feet)
that there was no danger of it getting zapped, and it
was easy enough to reconnect when I was done.

I wouldn't think an ultrasound would cause problems
(had ultrasound as part of my physical therapy on my
neck), but you might call your pump manufacturer to be
sure.  Good luck!

Kathy Fagan
Dx 10/68, Pumping 12/17/82