[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #465

Subject: [IP] Question for Type 2 Pumpers

I need to ask a question for a friend of mine:
For all you type 2 pumpers:  Once you got settled into pumping, did you still
need to keep taking your type 2 meds?  Or, had you already not needed them
once you had started taking insulin injections?

Pumpmama to Katie (11)

When I first went on insulin I continued for a while on all my 5 oral meds. My
doctor did drop some after 6 months. and then since I have been on the pump-6
mths pumping- I only take glucophage and actos now.  My primary is leaving it
up to my new endo, I go to her on this Friday, if she wants to continue have me
to take the glucophage so that may get dropped.I will stay on the actos. Good
luck to your friend.