Re: [IP] Constant High BG after Exercise

Hi All,
Yes, I do have rebound highs after going below say 50 (a sure sign for
me that it is time to retest basals).

But to get back to exercise for a moment.
This is the perfect example of of the three pillars of DM management:
Diet, Exercise & Insulin.  I personally believe that there are (at
least) 2 ways of dealing with exercise (45m, 3X a week)

For weight maintainence (which I used to do) I added liquid carbs before
hitting the gym. This prevented lows as well as any rebounds.

For weight loss (which I now do) I suspend about an hour before and
restart about an hour after.  This works for me YMMV.

Regards,
Frank W. Tegethoff, Jr.
IDDM since '85, MM507 since '98