Re: [IP] Difference between 507C and 508

Hello Rex & List--

I've been using a 508 for 2 years, 3 months.  After the first year my
original 508 died.  I was told it was a software problem.  1 month ago (
while away on vacation no less ) the 2nd one began acting up with the exact
same problems.  Again I was told, " Software problem ".  Thankfully I was
sent replacements Fed- Ex next day.  So to answer your question, I really do
not have confidence the 508 will work much past 4 years.  I would like to
upgrade now but cannot.

When the warranty expires on the 508's, they don't immediately explode into
pile of dust do they? (sorry for the metaphor, I just watched a Buffy The
Vampire Slayer episode)

As long as they keep functioning, why replace them?   I'd be more concerned
they had problems shortly after the warranty expires.   Anyone have any data
their expected life span?